BSNL Roaming Free Offer (free incoming voice call facility while in national roaming) has become effective from 15.06.2015.
2.Whether it is applicable for both Prepaid and Postpaid Mobile users?
Yes, BSNL Free Roaming will be available for all Prepaid and Postpaid customers.
3.Whether Free Roaming is applicable across India, including Delhi & Mumbai (service areas of MTNL)?
It is applicable across all over India including Mumbai & Delhi (service areas of MTNL).
4. Whether outgoing call charges in roaming is subject to the ceiling prescribed by TRAI?
5. What will be the outgoing call charges in Roaming?
Irrespective of whether subscriber has per minute plan or per second plan while roaming :all outgoing call charges will be as per the ceiling provided by TRAI i.e. the outgoing local calls are @ 80 p/ minute and STD calls are @ Rs 1.15 / minute.
6. Whether Voice STVs workin Free Roaming across India?
No, Voice/ISD STVs do not work in free roaming
7. Whether SMS/Data STVs work in Free Roaming across India? *
Yes, SMS/Data STVs work in Free Roaming across India
8.What are data charges during free roaming across India?
The data charges are same for both Home LSA and roaming. In Prepaid services the free data usage allowed in the Data STV will be applicable and data charges after free usage will be 2p/10KB and in Postpaid Services the free data allowed in Add on pack will be applicable and data charges after free usage will be 1p/10KB.
9. Whether customers have to recharge with any Special Tariff Voucher / Plan to avail Free Roaming?
No, Mobile Customers need not recharge with any BSNL Roam Free STV. Free roaming has been provided to our esteemed customers Free of cost (without any additional charge) for a period of one year.
10. Whether existing Roaming Free STVs / Plans will be available after 15.06.2015 ?
No. As there is no need so all existing roaming free STVs and RTP plan has been withdrawn w.e.f. 15-6-2015.
11. Whether a customer already recharged with Roaming STV having certain validity, and after discontinuing roaming STVs from 15.06.2015, he is eligible for Free Roaming or Not.
Yes, he is eligible for Free Roaming.
12. What does a customer of other Telecom Operators need to do to switch over to BSNL to enjoy free roamin?.
For Port in to BSNL N/W under mobile number portability,customer of other operator needs to send
SMS : PORT <space>Mobile number to 1900.
It will generate 8 digit Unique Porting Code(UPC) which will be received as SMS on customer’s mobile.The customer then needs to approach nearest BSNL Customer Service Center/Franchisee/Retailer to fill Customer Acquisition Form(CAF) pf new mobile connection.
For example : If other operator’s customer 9********* wants to join BSNL,he has to send SMS : PORT<space>9********* to 1900 to generate UPC code
* T&C Apply